Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let's Begin

Here we are two days before it's time for me to leave, so I guess this is as good a time as any to begin this thing.  First of all, a little about what I will be doing.  I am joining the Peace Corps, leaving for Peru to do Water and Sanitation.  My job will consist of identifying the water needs of the town I will be stationed in, working with community leaders to address those needs, and teaching health outreach about the importance of clean water and sanitary conditions.  I am very excited about the job I will be doing, it is something I am very interested in and is obviously a basic, important need. 

I will be heading to D.C. in two days to begin staging and meet everyone in my training group.  I will be training with 67 other volunteers who will be working in various fields such as Water and Sanitation, Community Health, and Environmental Management.  Friday we will fly down to Peru and this adventure will finally begin.

I've spent the past few weeks preparing myself as best I can, but mostly seeing the people and the places that I will miss the most while I'm away.  I believe the hardest part of this is saying goodbye to all those people you care about, but I'm thankful to have the opportunity.  I will do my best to keep this blog up and keep it mildly entertaining, and on that note I will end my first post with this

http://llamafont.com/

This is exactly what you would think, a llama font.  A friend of mine's sister created this site out of her love of llamas, and I would have to agree with the idea, llamas make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment